Sex as Spiritual Practice Curriculum
Live online class led by Jen Martin, EdD
Week One: Sex as a soul experience
- Beyond the physical – sex as a nonphysical experience, access to nonordinary states of consciousness.
- 99.9% empty space – quantum physics, morphogenic field.
- Neurotheology – blurring the boundary of self and other.
Week Two: Ancient teachings – sex & nonordinary states of consciousness
- Sex as a spiritual practice throughout ancient history (Eleusinian Mysteries, Hieros Gamos).
- Evidence for sex as a spiritual practice in Judeo-Christian mystical tradition, Gnostic Gospels (Jesus’ Hidden Teachings?)
Week Three: The science of sex & nonordinary states of consciousness
- Ecstasis (“to stand outside oneself” – ancient Greek word derived from “ecstasy”)
- The experience of sexual ecstasy can provide access to heightened states of consciousness awareness.
- Four aspects of ecstasis:
Week Four: Preparation, Preconditions & Practice of Ecstasis
- Purification of emotional body.
- Shifting into coherence.
- Intent vs. surrender.
- Present moment awareness vs. spectatoring.
- Altered states leads to altered traits – the therapeutic effects of nonordinary states of consciousness
- Sex as a transformative experience.